• Latest
  • Trending
Why We Didn’t Consider NBA Petition Against Olanipekun, Before Call To Bar Event – Body of Benchers

Why We Didn’t Consider NBA Petition Against Olanipekun, Before Call To Bar Event – Body of Benchers

Ebonyi Government Raises Minimum Wage to N90K for Workers

Ebonyi Government Raises Minimum Wage to N90K for Workers

Nigerian Govt gifts Teenager who Won Global English Contest N200K

Nigerian Govt gifts Teenager who Won Global English Contest N200K

President’s Son Jailed Over Secret Sale of National Airline Plane

President’s Son Jailed Over Secret Sale of National Airline Plane

Kogi Final-Year Student Dies During 6-Month Pregnancy Abortion

Kogi Final-Year Student Dies During 6-Month Pregnancy Abortion

Tinubu Govt Backtracks as Japan Denies ‘Special Visa’ for Nigerians

Tinubu Govt Backtracks as Japan Denies ‘Special Visa’ for Nigerians

Delta Police Nab Officers Caught Counting Extorted Cash in Viral Video [Watch]

Delta Police Nab Officers Caught Counting Extorted Cash in Viral Video [Watch]

Uzodimma Raises Imo Minimum Wage to ₦104,000

Uzodimma Raises Imo Minimum Wage to ₦104,000

Friday, August 29, 2025
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
iDeemlawful
  • Home
  • News
  • Featured
  • Politics
  • LifeStyle
  • Advertise with Us
  • Opinion
  • Campus
iDeemlawful
No Result
View All Result
iDeemlawful
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Featured
  • Politics
  • LifeStyle
  • Advertise with Us
  • Opinion
  • Campus
Home Breaking News

Why We Didn’t Consider NBA Petition Against Olanipekun, Before Call To Bar Event – Body of Benchers

by iDeemlawful
December 10, 2022
in Breaking News
A A
0
Why We Didn’t Consider NBA Petition Against Olanipekun, Before Call To Bar Event – Body of Benchers

The Body of Benchers, BoB, has said that the petition by the Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, through its president, Mr. Yakubu Maikyau SAN, asking the Chairman of BoB, Chief Wole Olanipekun SAN, to recuse himself from presiding over the just concluded call to bar ceremonies, was not considered because sole business of the day was the call to bar event.

The body insisted that since the letter was written to Olanipekun, he must reply before the body decides one way or the other.

It also noted that NBA’s letter was received by the body at 9.32 a.m., on December 5, the morning of the meeting with majority of the members claiming they were yet to receive the letter.

Recal that NBA through it’s President, had boycotted the call to bar event, saying that BoB did not consider its letter for Olanipekun to recuse himself from presiding over the ceremonies over sundry allegations against his law firm.

SeeThese

Wike asks NBA to Return ‘300m Gift’ – says ‘some gifts can kill you

NBA replies Ibas alleged Hosting Rights, says ‘N300M was a gift from Fubara’

Ibas faults NBA for moving Conference from Rivers to Enugu, demands Refund of N300m Hosting Rights

But BoB in a statement by the Secretary, Daniel Tela, yesterday, said: “It is on record that the Media (print and social media) has been agog with reports regarding the call by NBA for the Chairman of the Body of Benchers, Chief Olanipekun, not to preside over the Call to Bar ceremonies. This widely circulated call, has saturated the media space, from December 4, 2022 till now.

“At the meeting of the Body of Benchers held on December 5, 2022, which notice was given on November 14, 2022, the sole item for discussion was consideration of the Report of the Screening Committee of the Body, preparatory to the Call to Bar Ceremonies;

“The report was duly considered and approved. Under AOB, the President of NBA informed members that he had written a letter to the Chairman of the Body to which the Chairman stated that although he had not read the letter as it was not yet brought to his attention, he was aware of the fact that it had already been circulated in the media, particularly the social media, and that despite the fact that the letter was personally addressed to him and not to the Body, he was prepared to wave all his rights as he would want it discussed, one way or the other in view of the contents of the letter which centred on his personality and integrity.”

“The NBA President then stated that he sent the letter to members’ mails in the evening of December 4, 2022, and also made copies of the said letter and brought to the meeting, but majority of the members responded that they were yet to receive such mail. Some members were of the view that the letter was definitely not ripe for consideration, assuming it was meant or addressed to the Body. The said letter was received at the Body of Benchers Secretariat at 9.32am on December 5, 2022

“Despite the comments and contributions of members, the Chairman still passionately pleaded that the matter be taken and made reference to a previous letter written in July, 2022 on the eve of Call to Bar Ceremonies. Majority of members were of the view that the Chairman drop his insistence that the matter be conclusively decided, bearing in mind several factors, including the fact that majority of the members did not receive the email, coupled with the fact the Call to Bar subject was too important and central to the Body and the content of the letter was not such that could be taken under AOB. Furthermore, the letter was addressed to the Chairman, Body of Benchers, therefore, there was need for the Chairman’s response to be received for proper consideration;

“It was, therefore, resolved that the matter be taken at the emergency meeting of the Body scheduled to take place in January, 2023, at a date to be communicated to members. Thereafter, the motion for adjournment of the meeting was moved. The Body frowned at the use of the Social Media platform in forwarding sensitive official communication”.

Tags: Body of BenchersiPadNBA
Share196Tweet123SendShare
Previous Post

Sheu Sani Condems CBN Policy Limiting Cash Withdrawals

Next Post

Qatar 2022: Morocco Steps Over Portugal To Clinch World Cup Semi Final

iDeemlawful

iDeemlawful

Next Read

Delta Police Nab Officers Caught Counting Extorted Cash in Viral Video [Watch]
Breaking News

Delta Police Nab Officers Caught Counting Extorted Cash in Viral Video [Watch]

...

Read more
AAU ASUU Condemns SIT Over Alleged Activities, Set For Legal Action
Breaking News

ASUU Issues Ultimatum, Threatens Nationwide Strike

...

Read more
Drama as EFCC Boss Orders Arrest of Ex-Staff after Appearing on Matchmaking Show
Breaking News

Drama as EFCC Boss Orders Arrest of Ex-Staff after Appearing on Matchmaking Show

...

Read more
11, 629 Teachers Sit for professional examination
Breaking News

JAMB Orders Re-Upload of WAEC Results

...

Read more
50-Year-Old Widow Fakes Pregnancy to Smuggle Cocaine
Breaking News

50-Year-Old Widow Fakes Pregnancy to Smuggle Cocaine

...

Read more
15 Die in Kwara road Accident
Breaking News

Pregnant Woman ‘Murdered, Butchered’ by Brother-in-Law in Kwara

...

Read more
‘Why EFCC arrested Ogun assembly speaker’
Breaking News

EFCC Invites CBEX Victims to Lagos, Ibadan Offices

...

Read more
Breaking News

...

Read more
Next Post
Qatar 2022: Morocco Steps Over Portugal To Clinch World Cup Semi Final

Qatar 2022: Morocco Steps Over Portugal To Clinch World Cup Semi Final

Nigerian TikTokers Caned, Ordered To Wash Toilets Over Mockery Video

Nigerian TikTokers Caned, Ordered To Wash Toilets Over Mockery Video

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Equatorial Guinea’s Obiang set to extend his 43 years in power

Equatorial Guinea’s Obiang set to extend his 43 years in power

BREAKING: Feared Dead As Fire Razes Abuja Market

BREAKING: Feared Dead As Fire Razes Abuja Market

Tension as SUG president Suspended Indefinitely over ‘Stampede’ during Distribution of Government Palliative

10 Things You Need to Know This Wednesday Morning

Most Popular

Ebonyi Government Raises Minimum Wage to N90K for Workers
Featured

Ebonyi Government Raises Minimum Wage to N90K for Workers

Nigerian Govt gifts Teenager who Won Global English Contest N200K
Campus News

Nigerian Govt gifts Teenager who Won Global English Contest N200K

President’s Son Jailed Over Secret Sale of National Airline Plane
International News

President’s Son Jailed Over Secret Sale of National Airline Plane

iDeemlawful

Copyright © 2019 iDeemlawful.

Useful Links

  • About Us
  • Advertise with Us
  • Editorial Policy

Follow Us

Copyright © 2019 iDeemlawful.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In