• Latest
  • Trending
Oluwo of Iwo Reacts To Viral Letter of ‘N20 Million Financial Support’ From Osun Governor To Marry Kano Princess

Another Letter Seeking N50 Million For Oluwo Royal Wedding Surfaced, Osun Govt Reacts

What you need to Know about ‘New deadly’ Lakurawa Group Terrorising Nigeria’s Northwest

3 Killed in Deadly Bandit Ambush on Kwara Motorists

Ebonyi Government Raises Minimum Wage to N90K for Workers

Ebonyi Government Raises Minimum Wage to N90K for Workers

Nigerian Govt gifts Teenager who Won Global English Contest N200K

Nigerian Govt gifts Teenager who Won Global English Contest N200K

President’s Son Jailed Over Secret Sale of National Airline Plane

President’s Son Jailed Over Secret Sale of National Airline Plane

Kogi Final-Year Student Dies During 6-Month Pregnancy Abortion

Kogi Final-Year Student Dies During 6-Month Pregnancy Abortion

Tinubu Govt Backtracks as Japan Denies ‘Special Visa’ for Nigerians

Tinubu Govt Backtracks as Japan Denies ‘Special Visa’ for Nigerians

Delta Police Nab Officers Caught Counting Extorted Cash in Viral Video [Watch]

Delta Police Nab Officers Caught Counting Extorted Cash in Viral Video [Watch]

Friday, August 29, 2025
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
iDeemlawful
  • Home
  • News
  • Featured
  • Politics
  • LifeStyle
  • Advertise with Us
  • Opinion
  • Campus
iDeemlawful
No Result
View All Result
iDeemlawful
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Featured
  • Politics
  • LifeStyle
  • Advertise with Us
  • Opinion
  • Campus
Home Breaking News

Another Letter Seeking N50 Million For Oluwo Royal Wedding Surfaced, Osun Govt Reacts

by iDeemlawful
February 12, 2022
in Breaking News
A A
0
Oluwo of Iwo Reacts To Viral Letter of ‘N20 Million Financial Support’ From Osun Governor To Marry Kano Princess

Punch Newspaper

A fresh letter is confirmed to have surfaced online seeking support for the royal wedding involving the Oluwo of Iwoland, Oba Abdulrosheed Akanbi, and a princess from Kano State.

The fresh letter, which was signed by the Babalaje of Iwoland, Alhaji Ismaila Kudaisi, demands financial support to the tune of N50 million for Oluwo’s royal wedding.

Kudaisi confirmed the letter to The PUNCH on Friday, saying it was a collective arrangement among chiefs to honour the Oba Akanbi.

SeeThese

Oluwo reacts to Islamic Burial rite of Late Awujale of Ijebuland

JUST IN: Governor Adeleke cast his votes as Osun LG poll begins

Meranda presides over Lagos Assembly plenary amidst Tension

The PUNCH had reported that a letter, which had been debunked by Iwo’s palace, earlier surfaced online showing the monarch soliciting N20 million support from Osun State Governor, Gboyega Oyetola, for the wedding.

Speaking on the fresh letter, on telephone, Kudaisi said, “We don’t know about the first allegedly written letter to the governor. But the second one with my letterhead is authentic.

“A couple of chiefs in Iwo have decided to arrange a befitting wedding for our monarch. It is an idea among the chiefs, it has nothing to do with Kabiesi (Oluwo).”

A copy of the letter dated February 7, 2022, was titled, ‘Notification of royal wedding of HRM Oba Dr AbdulRasheed Adewale Akanbi Telu 1 and a princess of Ado Bayero dynasty’.

Part of the letter read, “A few of the high chiefs of Iwoland have consequently mandated me to constitute a committee to plan and see to the success of the wedding with a befitting royal ceremony

.“At the inaugural meeting of the committee, we arrived at a modest tentative budget of N50million to cover the traditional wedding Tambaya (introduction, Kai Kaya (engagement), and aqdu Nikkai. The royal traditional wedding in Kano will be rounded up with a reception for the princess.”

Osun reacts, claims mischief-makers at workOsun State Government has denied that Oluwo wrote a letter to the governor demanding N20 million to finance his wedding ceremony.

The state government said the letter was the handiwork of mischief makers, who wanted to bring the governor and the government on a collision course as the governorship election draws nearer.

A statement by Commissioner For Information and Civic Orientation, Mrs Funke Egbemode, said that the state government would not be disturbed or distracted by the development.

She said, “We are aware that the Oluwo has denied writing the letter and as a government it is important to stop those making negative insinuations in their tracks.

“This fresh attempt by mischief makers to bring the governor and the government on a collision course with the citizens did not come as a surprise especially as the state draws closer to its gubernatorial primaries and election.

“The community of sadists is increasing the tempo of their shameless propaganda machine. However, this is another dead-on-arrival plot.

“For starters, it is an established fact that this is a government that has put the welfare of its citizens ahead of personal or group interest.

“It is also established that Gov. Adegboyega Oyetola is a prudent manager of resources, who is focused on the development of Osun and everything that translates to public good.

“These mischief makers have come up empty again and all their attempts will come to nothing.

“We will not be disturbed or distracted by the noise of political miscreants whose only job is to grab their phones, get on social media every morning to cause bad blood.

“We implore the good people of Osun to ignore all insinuations targeted at maligning this governor and government.

“We can see through the thin veneer of those who out of desperation will do anything to get the attention of Osun people.”

“We know they are running out of oxygen, but we will not descend to their level” she added

Tags: iPadOluwo of Iwo
Share196Tweet123SendShare
Previous Post

Oluwo of Iwo Reacts To Viral Letter of ‘N20 Million Financial Support’ From Osun Governor To Marry Kano Princess

Next Post

Drama as Security bars State Governor from receiving Vice President Osinbanjo

iDeemlawful

iDeemlawful

Next Read

What you need to Know about ‘New deadly’ Lakurawa Group Terrorising Nigeria’s Northwest
Breaking News

3 Killed in Deadly Bandit Ambush on Kwara Motorists

...

Read more
Delta Police Nab Officers Caught Counting Extorted Cash in Viral Video [Watch]
Breaking News

Delta Police Nab Officers Caught Counting Extorted Cash in Viral Video [Watch]

...

Read more
AAU ASUU Condemns SIT Over Alleged Activities, Set For Legal Action
Breaking News

ASUU Issues Ultimatum, Threatens Nationwide Strike

...

Read more
Drama as EFCC Boss Orders Arrest of Ex-Staff after Appearing on Matchmaking Show
Breaking News

Drama as EFCC Boss Orders Arrest of Ex-Staff after Appearing on Matchmaking Show

...

Read more
11, 629 Teachers Sit for professional examination
Breaking News

JAMB Orders Re-Upload of WAEC Results

...

Read more
50-Year-Old Widow Fakes Pregnancy to Smuggle Cocaine
Breaking News

50-Year-Old Widow Fakes Pregnancy to Smuggle Cocaine

...

Read more
15 Die in Kwara road Accident
Breaking News

Pregnant Woman ‘Murdered, Butchered’ by Brother-in-Law in Kwara

...

Read more
‘Why EFCC arrested Ogun assembly speaker’
Breaking News

EFCC Invites CBEX Victims to Lagos, Ibadan Offices

...

Read more
Next Post
Three Kidnapped Warri Lawyers , Driver Regain Freedom

Drama as Security bars State Governor from receiving Vice President Osinbanjo

Engr. Kastina Charged to Court For Slapping Security Guard

Fire guts Sheikh Gumi’s residence in Kaduna

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Real reason Nigerian govt took Chinese loans – Buhari

Buhari Mourn Dillibe Onyeama

ASUU Strike: Reactions as Nigerian Students, Others Call Out Ngige’s Capacity To Rule Nigeria

Federal Government Freshly Speaks On ASUU Strike

Breaking: Fire Razes Bank FCMB In Ilorin

Most Popular

What you need to Know about ‘New deadly’ Lakurawa Group Terrorising Nigeria’s Northwest
Breaking News

3 Killed in Deadly Bandit Ambush on Kwara Motorists

Ebonyi Government Raises Minimum Wage to N90K for Workers
Featured

Ebonyi Government Raises Minimum Wage to N90K for Workers

Nigerian Govt gifts Teenager who Won Global English Contest N200K
Campus News

Nigerian Govt gifts Teenager who Won Global English Contest N200K

iDeemlawful

Copyright © 2019 iDeemlawful.

Useful Links

  • About Us
  • Advertise with Us
  • Editorial Policy

Follow Us

Copyright © 2019 iDeemlawful.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In