The presidential candidate of the Labour Party in the 2023 election, Peter Obi has admitted to have violated regulations in the UK, pronouncing it was out of intention.
Recall that Obi was, on Friday morning, April 7, 2023, challenged and accosted by one of the immigration officer at Heathrow Airport in London, and handed a detention note.
The former Anambra state governor was later released after being puzzled for identification duplication, which suggests that some person might have been impersonating Obi in London.
Labour Party campaign spokesman Diran Onifade however said in an assertion, explained that the immigration officials who have been also taken aback at the reaction of the humans were compelled to disclose to these current that Obi was once being questioned.
Onifade asserted that the high implication of the offense is that the impersonator ought to be committing all sorts of weighty crimes and different doubtful acts and it would be recorded in Obi’s name.
He, however, fingered the FG, pronouncing they are attempting all possible stunts to demarket Obi who got here a far-off their expectations in the last election.
Meanwhile, in a terse psot on the development made available on his Twitter handle on Tuesday night, April 18, 2023, Obi had said the offence was not intentional.

“Sometimes as humans, we make errors but, I will by no means knowingly wreck any law. I am therefore no longer afraid of the lies and propaganda in opposition to my person. They are phase of the ride to a New Nigeria,” he tweeted.
Meanwhile, Diran Onifade, Head, Media and Communications of the Obi-Datti Presidential Campaign Council had previously denied receiving any letter of apology from the British authorities over his detention through immigration officers at Heathrow Airport in London.