• Latest
  • Trending
2023: Jonathan Turns Down Request To Resolve Atiku/Wike Feud, Yet To Forgive Atiku

2023: Jonathan Turns Down Request To Resolve Atiku/Wike Feud, Yet To Forgive Atiku

Lawyer Drags Sanwo-Olu to Court for Blocking Him on X

Lawyer Drags Sanwo-Olu to Court for Blocking Him on X

Super Eagles Gets New Coach

Man Kills Neighbour’s Son, Hides Body in Water Drum

What you need to Know about ‘New deadly’ Lakurawa Group Terrorising Nigeria’s Northwest

3 Killed in Deadly Bandit Ambush on Kwara Motorists

Ebonyi Government Raises Minimum Wage to N90K for Workers

Ebonyi Government Raises Minimum Wage to N90K for Workers

Nigerian Govt gifts Teenager who Won Global English Contest N200K

Nigerian Govt gifts Teenager who Won Global English Contest N200K

President’s Son Jailed Over Secret Sale of National Airline Plane

President’s Son Jailed Over Secret Sale of National Airline Plane

Kogi Final-Year Student Dies During 6-Month Pregnancy Abortion

Kogi Final-Year Student Dies During 6-Month Pregnancy Abortion

Friday, August 29, 2025
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
iDeemlawful
  • Home
  • News
  • Featured
  • Politics
  • LifeStyle
  • Advertise with Us
  • Opinion
  • Campus
iDeemlawful
No Result
View All Result
iDeemlawful
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Featured
  • Politics
  • LifeStyle
  • Advertise with Us
  • Opinion
  • Campus
Home Breaking News

2023: Jonathan Turns Down Request To Resolve Atiku/Wike Feud, Yet To Forgive Atiku

by iDeemlawful
December 3, 2022
in Breaking News
A A
0
2023: Jonathan Turns Down Request To Resolve Atiku/Wike Feud, Yet To Forgive Atiku

The former president of Nigerian, Goodluck Jonathan has reportedly turned down the move to reconcile the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar and the G-5 Governors.

There had been reports that the leadership of PDP are seeking the help of Jonathan to resolve the crisis in the party ahead of the 2023 general election.

The move seems to have collapsed after the former president reportedly refused to be involved in the crisis.

Recall that Atiku, his running mate, Ifeanyi Okowa and some party leaders a few weeks ago had met with Jonathan at his residence in Abuja.

SeeThese

How President Tinubu, Opposition Coalition Leaders Snubbed Each Other at Buhari’s burial

ADC: Five Unveiling Crisis casting doubts on the New Coalition

Knocks for ex-VP Atiku after dumping PDP for Third-Time

This medium learnt that they requested the support of Jonathan in the 2023 presidential election.

A few days after Atiku visited the former president, Wike disclosed how the former vice president in 2015 refused to support Jonathan.

Wike also revealed how Atiku insisted that Jonathan should relinquish his presidential ticket in 2015.

Following Wike’s allegations against Atiku, the camp of the former Vice President has not denied nor confirmed the statement.

A close ally of Jonathan who spoke with Saturday Sun on condition of anonymity said the former president is yet to forgive Atiku for working with some governors in 2015 to humiliate him, despite his plea.

The source said even though Wike would listen to Jonathan, the former president believes Atiku only comes to him every four years when he is seeking the presidential seat.

According to the source, Atiku in 2019 also snubbed and refused the people Jonathan suggested for Atiku’s campaign organisation in the 2019 presidential election.

The source said the former vice president only visited Jonathan before the primaries in 2019 and snubbed him after securing the party’s presidential ticket.

The source said, “Atiku doesn’t have any regard for Jonathan. He’s one of those who believe strongly that Jonathan didn’t deserve to be president. Even as president, Atiku didn’t respect Jonathan. That has not changed.

“He’s only showing some courtesy now that his election bid is threatened. In 2019, Jonathan supported Atiku against the wish of his supporters who were opposed to such support, including Wike.

“As soon as Atiku secured the ticket, he suddenly started ignoring Jonathan and even refused to accommodate the people, the former president nominated to serve as members of the campaign organisation.

“Since Atiku lost in 2019, he has not deemed it fit to reach out to Jonathan. The former president doesn’t want to be used again. So, he has politely refused to help Atiku. Even Olusegun Obasanjo is unwilling to step in too.”

Tags: 2023 ElectionAtiku AbubakarGoodluck JonathaniPadWike Nyesom
Share196Tweet123SendShare
Previous Post

Aisha Buhari withdraws case against Aminu as Judge cautions parents

Next Post

Zamfara Police Rescue 75-Year-Old Man 2 Months After His Abduction

iDeemlawful

iDeemlawful

Next Read

Super Eagles Gets New Coach
Breaking News

Man Kills Neighbour’s Son, Hides Body in Water Drum

...

Read more
What you need to Know about ‘New deadly’ Lakurawa Group Terrorising Nigeria’s Northwest
Breaking News

3 Killed in Deadly Bandit Ambush on Kwara Motorists

...

Read more
Delta Police Nab Officers Caught Counting Extorted Cash in Viral Video [Watch]
Breaking News

Delta Police Nab Officers Caught Counting Extorted Cash in Viral Video [Watch]

...

Read more
AAU ASUU Condemns SIT Over Alleged Activities, Set For Legal Action
Breaking News

ASUU Issues Ultimatum, Threatens Nationwide Strike

...

Read more
Drama as EFCC Boss Orders Arrest of Ex-Staff after Appearing on Matchmaking Show
Breaking News

Drama as EFCC Boss Orders Arrest of Ex-Staff after Appearing on Matchmaking Show

...

Read more
11, 629 Teachers Sit for professional examination
Breaking News

JAMB Orders Re-Upload of WAEC Results

...

Read more
50-Year-Old Widow Fakes Pregnancy to Smuggle Cocaine
Breaking News

50-Year-Old Widow Fakes Pregnancy to Smuggle Cocaine

...

Read more
15 Die in Kwara road Accident
Breaking News

Pregnant Woman ‘Murdered, Butchered’ by Brother-in-Law in Kwara

...

Read more
Next Post
Zamfara Police Rescue 75-Year-Old Man 2 Months After His Abduction

Zamfara Police Rescue 75-Year-Old Man 2 Months After His Abduction

Zamfara Police Rescue 75-Year-Old Man 2 Months After His Abduction

London-bound Man Abducted From Lagos ‘Danfo’ Bus Says Ritualist’s Charm Rejected Him

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

FG declares Public Holidays for Christmas, New Year

FG declares Public Holidays for Christmas, New Year

Ibas faults NBA for moving Conference from Rivers to Enugu, demands Refund of N300m Hosting Rights

Rivers LG Administrator Resigns

Tinubu list Five Guiding Principles of his Administration

Tinubu appoints media team as Nigerian economy bites harder

Most Popular

Lawyer Drags Sanwo-Olu to Court for Blocking Him on X
CourtRoom

Lawyer Drags Sanwo-Olu to Court for Blocking Him on X

Super Eagles Gets New Coach
Breaking News

Man Kills Neighbour’s Son, Hides Body in Water Drum

What you need to Know about ‘New deadly’ Lakurawa Group Terrorising Nigeria’s Northwest
Breaking News

3 Killed in Deadly Bandit Ambush on Kwara Motorists

iDeemlawful

Copyright © 2019 iDeemlawful.

Useful Links

  • About Us
  • Advertise with Us
  • Editorial Policy

Follow Us

Copyright © 2019 iDeemlawful.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In